Apple Maple Crumble
By Calgary Farmers' Market
- 5 Apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Place the apples in a 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Pour the maple syrup over the apples.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in the flour, salt and oats.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 35 minutes until golden brown and apples are tender.
You can buy B.C apples at the market all year round.