Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Approx 12 squares.... unless you can't help yourself!
Base + Crumble Topping:
- 1 flax egg (1tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup organic oat flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot starch (can also use cornstarch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Use a non-stick spray or coconut oil to ensure the crumble bars do not stick. Set aside.
- Prepare the flax egg. Combine ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, oat flour, rolled oats, coconut flour, and cinnamon. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the flax egg, maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to combine the wet and dry ingredients, stir together until clumps begin to form. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture for the crumble topping. Add the remaining to prepared pan. Use your hands to evenly press the dough.
- Place a medium pot over medium heat. Add in blueberries, maple syrup, vanilla, and tapioca flour (or alternative). Use a wooden spoon to press down and break apart the blueberries. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and cook for 2-3 more minutes until mixture is thickened up. Evenly distribute the blueberry mixture over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping evenly over the blueberry filling. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.