Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Blueberry Ginger Mojito
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 20 to 24 fresh Mint Leaves
- 4 ounces Ginger Simple Syrup
- 4 ounces Prickly Pear EquineOx from Eau Claire Distillery
- 5 ounces Club Soda
- Ice, cubed
- Blueberries, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Cold Water
- Make the Ginger Simple Syrup first by peeling and grating the ginger. Add it, together with the sugar and cold water, to a saucepan.
- Bring it to the boil and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain and cool in the refrigerator when done.
- Add the blueberries, lime wedges and fresh mint leaves to the glass (or pitcher).
- Muddle with a wooden spoon so the blueberries are broken and the mint and lime release their juices and flavour.
- If assembling pitchers, you can cover them at this stage and leave in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- An Alberta barley-based white spirit, the EquineOx highlights the flavor of Prickly Pear cactus and citrus. Sample this truly unique flavor at Eau Claire Distillery's booth in aisle 2.