Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
- 3 Cups diced Beck Farms super sweet carrots
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 Red or Green Pepper chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery chopped
- 1 Can Mushrooms drained (reserve liquid for broth)
- 1/3 Cup Margarine or Butter
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Basil or 1 tsp. dried
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Can (10oz) Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Kernel Corn
- 1/4 Cup minced Parsley, or 1/8 dried flakes
- 1 Can (13 oz) Evaporated Milk
- In a 5-quart saucepan, sauté onion, pepper, celery and mushrooms in the butter/margarine until barely tender.
- Cook diced carrots until barely tender in separate pot.
- Add carrots to other vegetables, and add salt, pepper, and basil. Stir in flour, chicken broth and juice from mushrooms.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add corn and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add evaporated milk, cover and heat slowly, about 10 minutes.
- Use Beck Farms Super Sweet Carrots to make this soup extra delicious. They're available at Innisfail Growers booth from August to March.