Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Curry Mac & Cheese with Chicken Sausage
- Boil water in a pot, season well with salt (should taste like the sea)
- Sauté chicken sausage in oil, crumble as it cooks. Add 1 tbsp tandoori spice when chicken is almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook shallots, garlic, jalapeno in butter over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add in the remaining 1 tbsp tandoori spice and yellow curry spice.
- Add half and half cream to the pan, scraping up the browned bits from the chicken and spices
- Add pasta in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until really al dente (don’t overcook your pasta as it will continue to cook in the sauce)
- Add 1 cup grated cheddar into cream mixture, stir until mixed in.
- Stir in pasta, cooked chicken sausage, and spinach. If the sauce is too thick, thin out with pasta water adding ¼ cup pasta water at a time. You want there to be enough sauce to cook your pasta, but you don’t want a watery sauce.
- Once pasta has fully cooked and sauce has reduced, stir in the remaining cup of cheddar and the mozzarella.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with optional toppings Fried Onions, Tomatoes, Cilantro
- We highly recommend using the additional toppings for added flavor!