Thurs - Sun
9am - 5pm
Sweet Spicy Maple Plank Salmon
By Calgary Farmers' Market
- 1 lb skinned salmon fillet
- 1 cedar plank
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce (mesquite or smoky flavour preferred)
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Stir together all sauce ingredients. Pour over salmon fillet, cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight.
- The next day, soak the cedar plank in water for 2-4 hours. Heat grill. Place marinated salmon onto plank and pour half of the marinade onto the salmon.
- Put the plank directly on the heated grill. Close the lid and cook as slowly as possible (roughly 25-30 minutes).
- Pour the marinade over salmon halfway through cooking.
- Market Seafood carries a wide variety of sustainable-sourced, Oceanwise-certified fish all year round.