Phase 1 COVID Update
Published on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Yes! We are Open Thursday – Sunday 9am – 5pm
We are what you eat and we're here for you.
While we all venture into this new phase of the pandemic, we continue to have a vital role to play as an essential service in feeding our communities. We know that many people are concerned about food availability and accessing it in a safe way. And we are making every attempt to be responsive in a time when things are changing rapidly.
Our top priority is creating an environment in which our customers and employees feel safe as you gather the food you love. We are working under the direct supervision of local health officials to accomplish this so we can continue to serve our community in the days and weeks ahead. To achieve this, we have implemented a number of measures at the Market to promote physical distancing. Please be patient and kind when you are at the Market, we are all trying to navigate this difficult situation to the best of our abilities.
Our Commitment to You:
- Physical distancing: during peak hours, our team will be strictly monitoring the number of visitors entering the market; please plan to stand outside in a physically distanced line. For your protection, and ours, you will find markers on our floors in aisles as well as in vendors' booths as a visual reminder of where you can safely stand while waiting and shopping. You will also hear public announcements reminding you of this essential requirement. Fortunately, because the market is so open and spacious, we can easily observe this distancing regulation.
- One-way aisles: to reduce congestion and allow physical distancing, all aisles are one-way. Please follow the directional arrows to promote a safe flow of traffic.
- All seating has been removed: you will still be able to access the Food Hall to pick up ready-to-go meals and take-out options but there are no seating or gathering places in the Market at this time. All food and beverage must be consumed off-site.
- The Kids Play Area is also closed.
- All public product sampling will be suspended until further notice.
- Enhanced sanitation practices in high-frequency touchpoints: in addition to the standard cleaning that has been part of our daily maintenance schedule, we have introduced extra measures to increase the sanitation of the market. Our cleaning staff is cleaning high-frequency touch points using hospital-grade disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Usage of reusable cups and containers will be suspended until further notice: Vendors must only serve products in take-out packaging. Reusable cups, ceramic dishware, and glass growlers will not be accepted until further notice.
- Additional hand sanitizers placed around the Market: we also have fully stocked bathrooms with soap for handwashing.
Please Help us Ensure a Safe and Healthy Environment for Everyone:
- Do not visit the market if you are sick or have returned from travelling.
- Do not come with your family or friends. Choose one healthy designated shopper for each household, and reach out to elderly family and neighbours to include their needs in your shopping.
- Maintain a distance of six feet from other people while shopping.
- To reduce cross-contamination, please do not handle items you do not intend to buy.
- Wash your hands frequently. Bathrooms are available by the Food Hall and by our NE entrance.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables thoroughly at home.
- Be kind, and stay nourished. We’re all in this together!
We are all facing uncertainty and deeply appreciate your choosing to support local businesses. We will remain responsive and implement additional measures as things evolve, and will continue to share updates with you as we all move forward with relaunching Alberta's economy.
Looking for Home Delivery?
Explore our Curbside Pick-Up Program