Bangers & Mash
Savoury sausages nestled on a bed of buttery mashed potatoes, what could be better? This comfort food is Britain’s #1 most popular dish for a reason. The only way to improve this already delicious dish is to add some local flare! While bangers and mash makes a filling meal on it’s own, you can serve it with green peas, carrots, or a fresh salad for added colour and nutrition.
This recipe serves 4.
- 2 packages Link O’ The Irish Chicken Sausage from Missing Link or 4 of your favourite sausage
- 1 medium turnip or rutabaga
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup Half-n-Half
- 2 T butter
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Preheat broiler on high or BBQ on Medium
- Broil sausages until brown on both sides (approximately 30 minutes).
- Peel and boil potatoes and rutabaga until soft.
- Mash together with butter and Half-n-Half.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This dish is great to serve on St. Patrick’s Day with a pint of your favourite beer!