BALT (Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Salad
Who would’ve thought breakfast salads could be SO good! Try preparing all your ingredients on Sundays, so you have breakfasts ready to go for the whole week. Eating salads for breakfast is a great way to increase your intake of vegetables and generally feel better throughout the day. Check out the included recipe for Dill Yogurt Ranch Dressing which pairs with the recipe perfectly. There are also some great ready-made options available at the Market!
- 1 pack bacon (Spragg’s Meat Shop)
- 4 Eggs (Sunworks Farm)
- 1 Butter Leaf Lettuce (Gull Valley Growers)
- 1 Bag Tomatoes (Gull Valley Growers)
- 2 Avocado (Cherry Pit)
Dill Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup yogurt (Sunworks Farm)
- 1/4 cup Dill (Cherry Pit)
- 3 tbsp Deluxe Garlic Salt (Silk Road Spice Merchants)
- Squeeze of Lemon (Cherry Pit)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Cook bacon in the oven at 400° over foil or silicone liners, check every 2-3 mins to make sure it doesn’t burn. Should have crispy edges and be cooked through. Approx 10-12 minutes. Drain on paper towels when cooked.
- Boil eggs to preferred doneness
- Wash lettuce and tomatoes and dry greens in salad spinner
- Cut avocado into slices
- Assemble salad in a bowl with each of the ingredients and dressing.
- Blend all the ingredients with an immersion blender or blender. Store in air tight bottle. You may need to stir or shake this again during the week if ingredients begin to settle into layers.
- Placing paper towels under and over washed lettuce in an air tight container will help keep your lettuce fresh for the week
- Store drained bacon in a ziploc (or container)
- Wash and cut tomatoes and avocado as you go
- When taking this salad to go, pack the bacon separately and cut the avocado in half the morning of.