Curry Mac and Cheese
If you love mac and cheese and you love curry recipes, you’re going to LOVE this twist on a classic. It’s seriously comforting and so addictive!
- 2 tbsp butter (Sylvan Star Cheese)
- 1 tbsp oil (Soffrittio’s)
- 1 package chicken sausage (Never Enough Garlic Sausage from Missing Link)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed then minced (Cherry Pit)
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (Cherry Pit)
- 2 tbsp tandoori spice (Silk Road Spice Merchants)
- 250ml milk or cream (Sylvan Star Cheese)
- 2 cups aged cheddar grated (Sylvan Star Cheese)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (Sylvan Star Cheese)
- 200 grams pasta (Amore pasta from Soffritto’s)
- 1 cup spinach washed and rough chopped (Cherry Pit)
- 1 shallot finely diced (Cherry Pit)
- Salt and pepper to taste (Silk Road Spice Merchants)
- 1 cup pasta water reserved
Optional toppings (highly recommended)
- Fried onion toppers (2 Greek Gals)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped (Cherry Pit)
- 1 cup tomatoes diced (Gull Valley Growers)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS
- Boil water in a pot, season well with salt (should taste like the sea)
- Sauté chicken sausage in oil, crumble as it cooks. Add 1 tbsp tandoori spice when chicken is almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook shallots, garlic, jalapeno in butter over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add in remaining 1 tbsp tandoori spice and yellow curry spice.
- Add half and half cream to the pan, scraping up the browned bits from the chicken and spices
- Add pasta in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until really al dente (don’t over cook your pasta as it will continue to cook in the sauce)
- Add 1 cup grated cheddar into cream mixture, stir until mixed in.
- Stir in pasta, cooked chicken sausage, and spinach. If the sauce is too thick, thin out with pasta water adding ¼ cup pasta water at a time. You want there to be enough sauce to cook your pasta, but you don’t want a watery sauce.
- Once pasta has fully cooked and sauce has reduced, stir in the remaining cup of cheddar and the mozzarella.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with optional toppings Fried Onions, Tomatoes, Cilantro
Every single ingredient for this recipe can be purchased at the Market!